Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lesson #9: Life Long Learning 2.0

In the professional development category I liked the Positivity Blog. I definitely consider myself a pessimist which is why I am constantly looking for ways to change my view in both my professional and personal life. Sometimes this tends to be difficult when you are surrounded by negative people and a negative environment. Negativity seems to love company, but if you can remain positive it can be infectious. One of the articles that I was drawn to was "7 Habits of Highly Ineffective People". I can relate to a couple of the habits like procrastinating and thinking too much. Instructables was the website I liked most in the personal growth category. The idea of learning how to make things appeals to my thrifty side. One of my nicknames is Simone Parsimonious. However, I tend to watch a lot of shows or read a lot of books about making things without ever actually following through. I guess that would be one of my personal goals. Maybe I could start with one of their 5 Minute Projects.
FYI- I was finally able to post a photo to the History of OCLS blog on Orlando Memory. I chose the picture above with the caption "Technical Services Renovation". The photo shows our department after being renovated in the spring of 2007.

No comments: