Friday, October 17, 2008

Lesson #3: Health, Wellness, and Technology

I love the idea of combining exercise and video games. Separately I really don't enjoy either (Rock Band might be the exception), but together they are like a Reese's peanut butter cup. I've played Wii tennis, bowling, and golf. The workout is fantastic provided you don't injure yourself. The first time I played my right shoulder hurt for a week. I read an article about the use of Wii in retirement homes. Here's a link: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2008-05-14-wii-retirement-medical-centers_N.htm

On Nutrition Data I looked up my favorite Starbucks beverage, a Grande Peppermint Mocha. WOW! Without whipped cream this drink has 312 Calories, 13 grams of Fat, and 44 mg. of Cholesterol! The good news is that I can order it with non-fat milk reducing the Calories to 232, Fat to 2 grams, and Cholesterol to 8 mg. That sounds much better.

1 comment:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

You comments about reducing the calories in your morning 'Bucks made me smile! That is actually a pretty good reduction in fat!

Tom